FAQ  Search  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register
<  Add-ons for the new version of PGF
jesreg47
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:34 pm  Reply with quote

Hi guys, I just thought of a couple new add-ons to PGF which I thought would be cool, although I am not sure if you agree.

The first is a Game Routine System. Instead of setting up the level routines repeatedly in the game, I thought why not use a Game Routine instead, which is applied to all levels.

The second is a Weapon Script. This may be complex at first, but I thought we may be able to sort how the weapons will function in different ways. For example: Charging a Weapon, Make the charged weapon in another weapon slot like weapon 7, and instead of switching to it using the Next/Previous weapon button, type in a certain code so that you have to hold the Fire button in a certain weapon for it to be highlighted, and that the weapon 7 cannot be highlighted using the Next/Previous Weapon buttons. Also provide a coding manual if you agree. Also make more weapon slots instead of 15, like 20.

Another thing is the boss HP. I thought if the players HP is ok, why not do the same thing for the boss. Also provide an option for weaknesses on a certain weapon.

Finally, Gripping to a Ledge, like Metroid Zero Mission (great game BTW).

So, what do you think?

EDIT: I have a couple more add-ons you could consider.
1) A minimap: Instead of showing nearly the whole level as a map, show only sections of it, at a fixed/adjustable size. Plus, instead of objects, you could put in filled areas instead of tile details, like in Super Metroid.
2) A grappling item. Make an item/weapon to be used as a Grapple Launcher that shoots and send you toward the object, or bring the enemy towards you, like in LoZ: Twilight Princess.
3) Extra Commands: Instead of A Move/Aim, Fire, Jump, Action, Map, FPS, and Pause command, why not add some more. Like a lock-on command; aim diagonally; second weapon with the option to hold to arm or just press to arm, and maybe a melee attack where you hit with the gun close up instead of wasting ammo.

Eh, NOW what do you think?
diedaythe13th
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:32 am  Reply with quote

You can aim diagonally. Check the player sets, you can set which way your player aims. You can also do a melee attack, but I don't know how.Embarassed Very Happy Look at the main weapon in Mixel's Zombie Holiday Prologue. But other than that, it sounds great.
jesreg47
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:50 pm  Reply with quote

diedaythe13th wrote:
You can also do a melee attack, but I don't know how.Embarassed Very Happy

There is a way to make a melee attack in case you still don't know. How I did it is I made my player melee attack, for instance a sword, in the player sets shoot projectile within the sword as he attacks. Next, I made a weapon for him, then a projectile. Set the projectile, and detonation to be invisible (white image, black mask), then set the area of effect to be a large number, then set the delay before automatic detonation to a low number (preferably 1 or 0) and there you go.

As for the add-ons, I have one more suggestion. How about game templates? You know the games that could be made using PGF, like Metal Slug, Super Mario World, etc. Well they could be game templates with levels and everything set up, and you could re-edit them if you need to. You would still have the option to make a game from scratch (what you would normally do)
jesreg47
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:51 pm  Reply with quote

I love your suggestion about the game templates. But I think that's already possible. Just make the game with the characters, enemies, routines, etc. but do not make the levels yet. As for the games possible to make with PGF like you mentioned, that would be awesome. I wonder if Jesse thinks if these suggestions are great ideas.