18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Maybe later
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

bronzehedwick
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:57 am  Reply with quote

Will there be a universal binary PGF release, or just a straight intel version? I hear Snow Leopard won't support PowerPC, so if users upgrade they'll be in a game making pickle...
Hawktail
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:19 pm  Reply with quote

hate to spoil it but PC's are just to complicated to handle LOL
ev149
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 pm  Reply with quote

bronzehedwick wrote:
Will there be a universal binary PGF release, or just a straight intel version? I hear Snow Leopard won't support PowerPC, so if users upgrade they'll be in a game making pickle...

I thought we already had that...[img]http://sixpop.com/files/362/Picture 1.png[/img]
Vanny_Arts
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:21 pm  Reply with quote

I like apple,but I really hate when they dramatically change their products it's harder to keep a Mac for a long time.

Well hopefully their is an universal port since most people owns a power pc. I know most of us will be using a full intel computer in the future. But not now.
It took me 4 years to switch from the Motorola e-processor to a G3 and then 5 years to my G4. I don't what happen to the G5. LOL PC people don't suffer this pain,,, but I guess is better than an epic OS.

But one of my questions have been,,,,,, can PGF be written in a different code environment for more power. I notice that some new and old software are moving to cocoa.
Cobra
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:45 am  Reply with quote

The Universal Binary aspect of PGF is the games it outputs. TGF itself is still PPC based from what I can tell. So when the time comes that PPC is no longer supported we may be in a lot of trouble but at least anything we have already created will live on.
Cobra
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:51 am  Reply with quote

Well from what I have read not too long ago (decided to research since Snow Leopard is out this Friday) Rosette is still a part of OS X, although now an optional extra you can install at your own leisure.

If this is accurate, then PGF is still safe. I mean sure a UB version of PGF with full 64bit support would be great but realistically I'm guessing making PGF anything that it is not already is too much of a re-code and thus why it has not happened. But we can be grateful that it will still run even with this newest OS.
Admin
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:42 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin

I'm looking forward to getting Snow Leopard (especially at $29!) and making sure PGF works well on it. Maybe in the distant future, once the REALbasic language supports Cocoa, I'll create a new version of Power Game Factory that uses the latest Apple-preferred coding standards Smile
Cobra
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:22 pm  Reply with quote

Snow Leopard is great so far. Straight away I was pleased with the reprised Aurora wallpaper.
Well back in '08 they said that REALbasic would support Cocoa* so fingers crossed. I look forward to coming back to Power Game Factory after my current project as I do miss using it. I just had so much fun using it, creating my game was almost as fun as playing it! I hate coding, so the lack of fun I'm having with BlitzMax right now probably doesn't come as a surprise though haha.

* http://www.realsoftware.com/company/news/2008/cocoa/