FAQ  Search  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register
<  *Serious* Sound bugs?
Mixel
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:42 pm  Reply with quote

Ok I've been trying to work through or around this bug but I can't..

Something is seriously screwy with the sound. Ahh!

Jesse, can you try running the frog boss level in the latest build - do the phone ("ring ring" routine) the "slime splash" routine, the "frog arch toad" routine, they all fail to play their respective sound effects.. The "ring ring" one should play the effect "phoneyB" which plays in other levels just fine..

The sounds themselves play with the preview button in PGF.. I'd had trouble with sound on this level before but never on this scale.. the big files are MP3 format, the smaller ones are usually wav.. It means I get no boss music and half the sounds are missing.

The other levels seem fine, which i really don't understand.. If you jump straight to the frog boss level it just doesn’t do the sound. (oddly the monsters and player make their sounds fine, just the ones triggered by routines are borked)
Cobra
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:57 pm  Reply with quote

Do any of the sounds happen right at the beginning of the level? I did notice routines failed to play sound if the level only just started.

Unrelated, but a sound issue also. Sometimes when the game lunches for the 1st time it is dead silent. The sound doesn't kick in until you relaunching it or a little while of playing the game.