FAQ  Search  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register
<  flickering dead bodies and indecisive enemies
yanN
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:01 pm  Reply with quote

While making my demo I ran into some problems I didn´t experience before.. Yesterday I started cropping the sprites in PGF´s editor, afterwards I experienced Flickering dead bodies instead of dead ninja fading away.. this only appears to happen when two are killed in close vicinity: one does his fall back dying animation the other his normal one and then they lie there.. I do have a short clip but I forgot to bring it to the cafe.. The other bug occurs when my now cropped ninja lands on a small ledge (green mask) and then starts flickering left and right as if not knowing where to go.. He also becomes invincible .. I had three indecisive ninja and 4 flickering bodies on one screen yesterday..

this happen to anyone else.. Should sprites always be the same size ´box´I noticed they don´t in Greenland Invasion.

Before this my only issue was the player falling through ledge material when hit (occasionally)
yanN
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 pm  Reply with quote

at the same time I cropped my aniations I redid the solid masks for the arena-level. the indecisive bug is gone.. the flickering bodies appears to be caused by small ledges and slopes.. as the character dies, he slips off a ledge or down a slope and this causes confusion for the engine.. That´s why I thought there were two.. its flickering between dying and falling back and dying.