FAQ  Search  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register
<  Landing on ground routines don't work.
harrycombs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:55 pm  Reply with quote

One of my bosses make rocks fall from the ceiling when he land on the ground, so I have the routine perform to make rocks fall when he hits the ground. Unfortunately, the routine is never played. I have a simillar routine that does work when one of my others bosses attacks, so I believe it is the "landing on ground" routine that doesn't work.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before.
harrycombs
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:28 pm  Reply with quote

I just ran into another glitch, where the frame rate is always jumping around a lot, and it doesn't make the game unplayable, it can be very annoying at times.
Mixel
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

do you have an intel mac? framerate inconsistency will likely fix itself once the universal version comes out (on intel macs at least) .. On an intel mac the PPC builds have very erratic framerates.

If on PPC - Something must be slowing the framerate down, so maybe you need to cut down on something? You'll have to work out when exactly its slowing down i guess.. A nice video card makes a huge difference.. Have you set the target framerate at over 30? The higher you put it the more fluctuation there's likely to be as it can't keep up. What mhz/ram is your Mac, again?

As for the falling rocks thing ive never tried so can't really help there.. (i don't think it has been mentioned before either) If the boss is stuck in an area maybe you could use a hotzone covering the floor until you can get the "landing on ground" routine to work..? Not sure.
mthomes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:39 pm  Reply with quote

I've been having weird frame rate issues too. It's not that they are dipping down below 30. They are jumping up... above 30! They will sometimes fluctuate between 28-32. This creates a weird stutter effect.

You would think going above 30 would be ok, but when it does this it seems to pause (for about the equivalent of about 3 frames) then jump down below 30 then back to regular 30 fps. It's an odd effect. It's not major, but it's a little jarring.

That's my 2
harrycombs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:46 pm  Reply with quote

mthomes wrote:
I've been having weird frame rate issues too. It's not that they are dipping down below 30. They are jumping up... above 30! They will sometimes fluctuate between 28-32. This creates a weird stutter effect.

You would think going above 30 would be ok, but when it does this it seems to pause (for about the equivalent of about 3 frames) then jump down below 30 then back to regular 30 fps. It's an odd effect. It's not major, but it's a little jarring.

That's my 2

Yeah, my frame rate was going up too! Thats exactly what happened to me. Did you fix it?

Oh, and I'm using a G5.
mthomes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:39 am  Reply with quote

Not to completely side track your post, but no. I think it's a bug in the software. I guess I just forgot to metion it before. I'll see if I can narrow down where it happens in my game.

I'm working on both a Dual 1GHz G4 (home) and a Dual 2.3GHz G5 (work). I'll have to check wich one was having the trouble. It could be both or just one. Not sure.

I'll see if I can reproduce the lading routing bug as well... Smile