FAQ  Search  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register
<  Compact Build - Breaks Sounds
Mixel
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:27 am  Reply with quote

Ive been trying to do a compact build of ZH but it seems to eat random music and sound files.

I'll have to do a standard build instead - Would you like a copy of the working files Jesse?

Has anyone else had this happen?

---

Ed: Ok it's *much* worse than I thought.. Only a "quick" build retains all the sound, both Compact *and* Standard omit them otherwise. Sad

... Uploading quick builds is gonna be fun for my bandwidth lol.
Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:12 am  Reply with quote
Site Admin

I'm going to paste the same message here that I sent Mixel privately.....

It looks like some sound files are getting corrupted, but not all. Out of 114 sounds in the ZH project, 24 were somehow corrupted and reduced to 1 byte during "compact" and "standard" compiling. It seems every sound file format is susceptible to this except for .sfil files.

...Ok, it turns out that some of these files' data was being stored in a format that PGF couldn't read into memory. Therefore it couldn't write it to disk properly during the consolidation phase of the game building process. Not sure why... it's not like the data was stored in a resource fork (that's only the case with .sfil files, at least I thought so.)

Anyway, I fixed it by making PGF copy consolidated sound files to their destinations using the same sort of logic that the OS uses, instead of my wacky made-up method which was sort of like a misshaped reinvention of the wheel.

I put a new build of the PGF beta on the main Sawblade Software home page. It's still called beta 7 since this is the only change and the file format isn't any different with this release. Let me know how it works for you!! Thanks very much for the bug report Mixel, and sorry I haven't been on the forum as much as I should be.
Mixel
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:10 pm  Reply with quote

In my latest (0.0.2) ZH build, everything is working apart from the lighting effects.. They seem to have lost their masks on compile, so end up just being coloured rectangles..

eek. is this something i can fix or is it a PGF bug?