FAQ  Search  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register
<  Mario's Space Adventrure (game)
Stephanabazungo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:55 pm  Reply with quote

Mario sets out on an adventure to explore outer space, but after his ship gets shot down by aliens, he must abandon it and explore this sector of space and a nearby planet to make sense of this chaos. This is a game that I have been working hard on for years. It is a Mario game set in outer space. I had been planning it since before the release of Mario Galaxy. I hope you enjoy this action packed explosive platformer/2Dshooter hybrid!

(Click here to DOWNLOAD the game)

To see gameplay of Mario's Space Adventure, I have created a playlists of all the levels on YouTube. Beware, there are spoilers relevant to the plot in the videos. Click this sentence to view the gameplay footage. Enjoy!

Below are some screenshots of the game. There are various weapons, and vehicles that you can use to your disposal in this action packed story driven adventure. Here are the screenshots:

Last edited by Stephanabazungo on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:28 am; edited 5 times in total
Cobra
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:05 am  Reply with quote

Really great to still see PGF games coming out!

Did you use an earlier version of Power Game Factory? I ask because when I tried opening the game I got the dreaded
Quote:
You can’t open the application “Marios Space Adventure” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.
Stephanabazungo
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:24 pm  Reply with quote

Cobra wrote:
Really great to still see PGF games coming out!

Did you use an earlier version of Power Game Factory? I ask because when I tried opening the game I got the dreaded
Quote:
You can’t open the application “Marios Space Adventure” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported.

Hi there! I made the game (Mario's Space Adventure) using PGF Ver 1.0 (2005). If I were to export the game in PGF Ver 1.1 (2009) instead of PGF Ver 1.0 (2005), would it be compatible for your OS?

If so, I'll make:
-A version of the game exported with PGF Ver 1.0 that is compatible for Snow Leopard (and earlier)
-A version of the game exported with PGF Ver 1.1 that is compatible for Mountain Lion (and later)

Right now the only version available, is the one in the OP, that was exported with PGF Ver 1.0 (2005), it is compatible with Snow Leopard and any earlier Mac OS.

I'm not completely sure how this whole thing works. I think that PGF Ver 1.1 (2009) only builds game applications compatible for Mountain Lion and future Mac OS, and PGF Ver 1.0 (2005) only builds game applications compatible for Snow Leopard and past Mac OS.

Am I correct?
Cobra
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:15 am  Reply with quote

Actually, I'm pretty sure that games built with version 1.1 run on all flavours of OS X.
Stephanabazungo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:26 am  Reply with quote

Cobra wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that games built with version 1.1 run on all flavours of OS X.

It shouldn't take too long to transfer my game project from ver 1.0 to 1.1. Only issue is that I loose all the SFIL formated sounds in the process. But if I follow these instructions:

Admin wrote:
The best application for converting sounds from SFIL to other formats is Amadeus. (http://www.hairersoft.com/Amadeus.html) I was able to use it to convert the Greenland Invasion audio in a couple hours.
Aside from the audio changes there are some minor miscellaneous bug fixes, but nothing too significant.

It hopefully won't take too long.