FAQ  Search  Profile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in   Register
<  Very important stuff we need PLEASE READ THIS JESSIE!!!!!!!
diedaythe13th
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:25 pm  Reply with quote

Okay, I need all this for my big break. First thing, we need a "do not reset ..." button on the level properties screen. A lot of them, one for enemies, one for switches, one for doors, one for hotzones, one for powerups, one for ammo, one for guns, one for checkpoints, (more on those later) one for stars (more on those later), and everything else. You need those if you are going to do a menu screen that is a level, with enemies and everything. That way, the player has to do the levels in order, but can go back and replay them whenever they like.
Stars. They should be on the powerups list, but they are different. When you collect all the stars in the game, something happens (you get to choose what). Thats really all there is to it. Also, you need to change the saved game screen to show how many stars you have and how many there are in the game. They look like a star. (Obviously, hence the name star.)
Okay, checkpoints. They are like respawn locations, but you have to pass them to activate them. They look like flags, and when you die, you restart from the last one you passed.
Thats about it. Oh yeah, if you read this, please suggest it to Jessie in your next post. If you do, I'll suggest, any of yours I think are worthwhile. (Smiles). Hope you post!
Mixel
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 am  Reply with quote

I admire your enthusiasm, but.... (sorry if i sound crotchety here!)

You can't depend on features being introduced to validate a game concept.. Better to make a concept which works within the framework you have already? Jesse is running to his schedule not yours. Very Happy He also has to cater for 10000 different ways of doing things, so asking for something as "your-game-specific" as "stars" seems a bit much..

PGF isn't exactly a democracy either, it doesn't matter how many people suggest a feature - it doesn't /necessarily/ make it more likely to happen. Very Happy Have you seen the rest of the suggestions thread? It's full of "we really need this!" stuff.

Sorry to be a spoil-sport but the last thing the board needs is everyone suggesting the same thing repeatedly.

I do like the idea of anobject not to reset things.. That could help a lot of people's projects, though i have a hunch it'd be pretty hard to implement.
diedaythe13th
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:07 am  Reply with quote

Maybe it does sound like that. Still, don't you think some of the ideas would be good for other games, like stars to unlock secret levels? And checkpoints. Take the old Mario games. They had checkpoints, and I'm sure I can find other 2D games that do. And maybe the don't reset enemies would be hard to do, but what about the other stuff?
diedaythe13th
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:18 am  Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot. I don't mind how long it takes. It could be PGF 2.4 beta 1, or PGF 7.3 beta 11, and I wouldn't care. You could say I kind of have all the time in the world.
Cheese-Seven
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:21 am  Reply with quote

Yeah I like those ideas. Very Happy (although it was a bit pushy Neutral ) I think they'd make great features. Smile
diedaythe13th
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:24 am  Reply with quote

Yeah cheese7, I'll try not to do that (be pushy) next time. I'm new to the forums, I'm trying to find the best way of writing things.
Cheese-Seven
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:32 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, I understand. Sorry. Smile Those do sound like some great ideas. I'm for that 100%. Very Happy
diedaythe13th
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:45 am  Reply with quote

Thanks again Cheese7 (I've thanked you on other posts)
Mixel
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

Excellent, yeah! They are very good ideas, and I like how enthusiastic you're being, it's all good.. If there's no time limit its important you get all your suggestions in the open I think. Smile

Personally I think high scores are the biggest obvious missing piece of the PGF puzzle... :} We all have our own pet feature requests, hehe..
Cobra
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:39 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, hi-scores are the one I'm still dying for.

Reading through your suggestions, hmm, nothing can be done about the save feature by us personally, but if you do have a lot of time. A lot of playing around with PGF and you should be able to achieve a lot of that I think. Variables I think will be the key as they don't reset.
diedaythe13th
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:35 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, and I'm assuming that you can change the look of the stars to fit your game.